Other – timelynursingwriters.com
Assignment, journal, seminar option 2 – timelynursingwriters.com
There are two Assignments in this unit.
Because of the litigious nature of our society today, individuals often find themselves involved in legal actions even though they believe that they have done the right thing. When these occasions arise it is important to know how to research both state and federal law to determine your rights and responsibilities under the law. In this Assignment you are being asked to identify the legal problems associated with this unexpected lien on real estate and the actions that the homeowner must take to resolve the issues this lean will create with the title to this property.
Assignment 1: Evaluating Legal Rights
Scenario: Helga and Oley Larson closed on a small home after receiving a favorable legal opinion from their attorney.
The opinion letter stated that it was the lawyer’s opinion that the seller had good and marketable title to the property subject to tax liens, utility easements, setbacks, and the existing first mortgage on the property of $75,000 to Northwest Bank. The letter went on to say that the lawyer was not responsible for any matters of survey, persons in possession, or unrecorded deeds on the property.
A month after moving into the property, the Larson’s were approached by a lender who told them that he made a hard money loan to the previous owners and that he had an executed note and an unrecorded mortgage as security for the debt in his possession. He told the Larson’s that if they did not pay him the $15,000 owing on the note immediately, he was going to file the mortgage and begin the foreclosure process to obtain his money.
- Evaluate the legal rights of the following principals: the Larsons, the lender, and the lawyer in this transaction.
- Address the legal liability and position of each of the 3 principals in this scenario.
Download the Assignment 1 details.
Respond in a 2 page APA formatted paper and submit it to the Assignment 1 Dropbox before the end of this unit.
Assignment 2: Fair Housing
Then read the subsection of the U.S. Code that pertains to rental properties from the U.S. House of Representatives from 1968 and all the subsequent amendments as of 3/7/2016 here.
- Read the Scenario and respond to the questions in a minimum of a 2-page business memo
Scenario: You and your extended family members have just developed a new 40-unit apartment building. Your family has formed a corporation and plan to rent the property to the general public. You are aware of Fair Housing law and want to develop a training guide for leasing agents who will work the property on your company’s behalf.
Based on the Fair Housing law and Federal Civil Code as provided in the sites below, describe the following:
Address the following checklist items:
- What are the issues that will need to be addressed from a U.S. Fair Housing perspective?
- What accommodations are required by federal law with regards to protected classes?
- What legal postings are required to be displayed at all times?
- What fees and charges can be levied by the family corporation to offset the costs of compliance with Federal Fair Housing law?
- What additional documentation can be required by the corporation to prove the need for protection under the law?
- What are the maximum fines that can be levied for non-compliance with Fair Housing Law?
- How can complying with these legal issues affect the customers, your business, and your family members’ professional reputation in the future?
Download the Assignment 2 details.
Respond in a minimum of a 2–page business memo to the corporate family members and upload to the Dropbox before the end of the unit.
You will complete a Journal each week.
Each week, you will work on one aspect that will help you prepare for the course and reflect. Consider this Journal as study notes. This Journal will provide an opportunity to capture new ideas from knowledge gained and record your thoughts throughout the course. This will also give you an opportunity to record questions you may wish to research further in preparation for other assigned work. Please remember that copying and pasting your own notes without revising is a form of self-plagiarism.
Begin your post with the label: Unit 8: Global Supply Chain Management
Research the following topics related to global supply chain management:
In a Word document, compose three paragraphs describing the topics: one paragraph per selected topic, based on your simulation activities, course material, and additional research you conduct online. Then, submit to the appropriate Journal Dropbox.
Option 2: Alternative Assignment
If you are unable to attend the Seminar, you must complete the following Alternative Assignment to earn points for this part of the class. View this week’s archived Seminar and write a 1-page paper, double spaced that summarizes the Seminar and what you learned.
Once completed, submit your alternative assignment to the Seminar Dropbox.