https://au.timelynursingwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-23-1-1030x169.png 0 0 admin https://au.timelynursingwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-23-1-1030x169.png admin2021-10-15 21:37:532021-10-15 21:37:53Philosophy and Science – timelynursingwriters.com
Other – timelynursingwriters.com
Philosophy and Science – timelynursingwriters.com
Write a 4–6-page essay in which you express and defend your views on the following issues:
- Consider the rise of modern science during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
- How did Enlightenment philosophers both defend and contribute to this cultural development?
- How did elements of scientific reasoning alter conceptions of the origin and limits of human knowledge?
- Explain the difference between intrinsic and instrumental goods and how modern science embodies an instrumental approach to the relationship between human beings and the natural world.
- Is recognition of our proper place in the context of a vast and ancient universe an essential insight?
- How does it affect our understanding of ourselves?
- Consider how philosophical and scientific reasoning make a difference to our daily lives. (Of course we all benefit from technological advances that came from these ways of thinking, but that is not the point here.)
- In what situations or circumstances of ordinary life is it appropriate to apply philosophical or scientific thinking to seek a solution, resolve a conflict, or make a decision? Imagine you are invited to contribute a post on this topic to a blog about philosophy, like those that appear in TheNew York Times blog The Stone, the What Is It Like to Be a Woman in Philosophy? blog from WordPress, or Philosophy Now magazine.
- How would you argue for (or against) the use of philosophical reasoning in everyday life?
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.