Business Finance – timelynursingwriters.com
looking for help on MGT300 paper/ 200 to 300 words – timelynursingwriters.com
submit the name of the person who will be your interview subject, along with a summary of the theories that you plan to cover. Your approach to theory can change as you progress through the Portfolio Project, so the information you provide this week is not set in stone. Instead, this assignment provides an opportunity to begin thinking about your Portfolio Project and record your preliminary ideas.
Your submission should be 2-3 paragraphs in length.
Choose a manager to interview with whom you are familiar—ideally, someone whom you admire and aspire to emulate. Ask her or him for some time—perhaps you can sit down for coffee—during which you can describe your course learning objectives and discuss what you have so far taken away from the class (in brief) Ask the manager what insights she or he has to offer to you at this point in your career.
The goal of the interview is to gain insight into what makes a good manager from the perspective of someone in a management position. Some topics to touch on in the interview could include the following:
- How did your interviewee come to be a manager (i.e., what career path she or he followed)?
- Has your interviewee found that professional certifications, volunteering, and continued education are important factors to career development?
- What has surprised your interviewee most about what it means to be an effective leader (as opposed to the popular view of what a successful leader is and/or does)?
- What roles are played by managerial goals, objectives, decision-making, and communication on the job?
- How does the interviewee handle change management at his/her organization and what specific challenges has she or he encountered?
- What advice does your interviewee offer to someone in your position and with your short- and long-term goals?