Humanities – timelynursingwriters.com
ECD525 Arizona State University Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin Paper – timelynursingwriters.com
This assignment requires you to read the book Diary of a Worm by Cronin, D. (2003). Which the text for the whole book is attached
Once you have read the text, use the Diary of a Worm Think Aloud Text (attached) document to complete the activity using the following steps:
- Read the Diary of a Worm text document marking spots that would be ideal to stop to model a comprehension strategy through a think aloud activity. (highlight the document)
- Insert your think aloud activity into the appropriate part of the text. (attached an activity)
- Write the words you would use with your early childhood students.
- Identify the name of the comprehension strategy you are modeling.
- Include all six of the evidence-based strategies for beginning readers.
Here are the links from the this week’s lessons but can look elsewhere.
**Please follow Rubric and answer all portions in the assignment**
Strategies for Reading Aloud to Young Children
Three types of Within Words Spelling Patterns
Research Behind the Big Six